My Story

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Everything is God's


These are some beautiful flowers given to me from my SIL Denise for Riley's birthday. Tomorrow he would be 4 years old. It's such a nice gesture to have someone remember him even as the years pass.

Today's sermon was about money. God is amazing how He speaks to us in a way that only He can. Money...that was the topic, but the message I received was so much deeper.

Colossians 1:16
says,
"...God created everything...
Everything was created through him and for him."

The point made about money, was that it's all God's. HE is the one that made it. HE is the one that gives it to us. It's HIS. He has just loaned it to us.

But the scripture spoke to me because it says that EVERYTHING was created by Him and for Him. Everything. Even our children. They aren't "ours". They are His. He created them. And he loans them to us, for however long that may be.

When I look at Riley's life in that light, it makes me more THANKFUL for the time God loaned him to me, as opposed to angry or hurt for the short time he was here. I am eternally grateful for the 9 months God loaned Riley to me. What an honor. It's an honor to be Ty & Drew's mom as well, for however long they are loaned to me.

EVERYTHING is God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment